How your gastroenterologist in Roswell, Suwanee, and Smyrna, GA can help you feel better
If you suffer from inflammatory bowel disease, you already know how uncomfortable it can be. It can affect your life greatly by keeping you from enjoying certain foods and being as active as you would like to be. The good news, though, is that your gastroenterologist can help you manage the symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease (abbreviated as IBD) and get you back to enjoying life. Dr. Melvin D. Bullock offers effective solutions from his three convenient office locations in Roswell, Suwanee, and Smyrna, GA, to help you cope with IBD. Read on to learn more!
Inflammatory bowel disease can include a number of conditions including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. The condition is characterized by chronic inflammation of all or part of your digestive tract. Although the symptoms can be intermittent and vary from person to person
You may have inflammatory bowel disease if you experience:
- Chronic abdominal cramping or diarrhea
- Frequent fever or fatigue
- Reduced appetite or weight loss
- Anemia or blood in your stool
If you suffer from the above symptoms, you may find it helpful to try these modifications to your diet and lifestyle:
- Eat small meals
- Eat low-fat foods
- Eliminate or reduce dairy products
- Avoid spicy foods, alcohol, and caffeine
- Talk with a dietician about diet, including fiber intake and other issues
You should also quit smoking because smoking can increase your risk of developing Crohn’s disease and make symptoms worse. Make sure that you are managing stress effectively by getting enough exercise and practicing relaxation techniques such as meditation, breathing exercises, and yoga.
If you are suffering from IBD, the best action you can take is to seek out the help of your gastroenterologist, who may suggest several effective ways to manage your IBD, including:
- Anti-inflammatory medication
- Immune system suppressant medication
- Anti-diarrheal medications
- Pain relieving medications
- Iron and calcium supplements
- Dietary and nutritional support
- Surgical treatment in severe cases
Don’t let inflammatory bowel disease disrupt your life. Get some help from an expert. Call your gastroenterologist, Dr. Melvin D. Bullock, with offices in Roswell, Suwanee, and Smyrna, GA, at (770) 442-5882 now and feel better fast!